North Country Smiles COVID-19 Update
COVID-19 Update: Safety Guidelines
Here at North Country Smiles, we consider the health and safety of our patients, Team and the public to be of the utmost importance. In compliance with all of the CDC guidelines and professional recommendations, we are excited to announce that North Country Smiles is open for all appointment types. While we work to continue to serve our patients, we ask that you adhere to our new safety guidelines.
How We Keep You Safe
At North Country Smiles, safety is always our top priority. We have a long history of rigorous sterilization methods, which have prepared us well for keeping our patients and staff safe. Our Dental office in St. James remains in compliance with the ADA (American Dental Association) and is continuously adjusting our practices to best accommodate the latest guidelines set forth by the CDC.
North Country Smiles has added air sanitizing units into each of our treatment rooms, in addition to high-vacuum suction installations that help prevent airborne particles. Finally, we are also asking each of our patients to follow our new office procedures, which are designed around the latest preventative safety measures.
COVID-19 Safety Procedure at North Country Smiles
What does a Dental appointment look like during this pandemic? While every office is different, the experts at North Country Smiles in St. James are taking every precaution necessary to keep you safe. Here is a closer look at our North Country Smiles dental appointment safety procedures:
- First, as usual, we ask that patients make their appointment online or by phone rather than in-person.
- With the exception of pediatric dental visits, we ask that you limit the number of occupants in our office by coming to your appointment alone.
- We ask that you wear a mask while in our office—our dental experts will let you know when it is time to remove your mask for your dental service.
- Once you park at our office for your appointment, give us a call to let us know you have arrived. We have closed our waiting room to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We ask that you wait outside in your car. Our experts will let you know when you may come inside for your appointment.
- Once it is your turn, our experts will call to notify you and welcome you inside. You will be greeted at the door by one of our professionals, who will take your temperature using a contactless thermometer before allowing you inside to ensure that you do not have a fever. We will also hand you our COVID disclosure form, which you may also choose to complete online before your visit.
- After you have presented a healthy temperature, we will check your COVID-19 disclosure form. This monitors whether or not you may have knowingly been exposed to the coronavirus.
- Your visit will end with contactless payment for your safety and ease.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Is Going to the Dentist Safe During COVID-19?
Many Dental patients are struggling between the potential risks of COVID-19 and maintaining proper Dental care. Skipping essential Dental services can leave you with worsened conditions and preventable concerns. Thankfully, dental offices are equipped with all of the necessary safety precautions—such as PPE—designed to keep both you and Dental professionals safe.
COVID-19 Resources and Information
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated healthcare professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps